Hi dolls! I've got some emails requesting me to post hair tutorial which I've wanted to do for the longest time. I know it's not too easy to follow the step by step just from the pictures but I assure you, this is easy to do, though it might be slightly tiny bit complicated at first glance. I've always liked playing with my hair since I was in school, I remember I did different hair to school everyday that a classmate (he's a guy) noticed and said I looked funny -__- not sure if it was in a good or bad way haha but yeah I have a lot of hair to play with and up until now I still do it when I'm home, though mostly I go out with normal straight hair. But lately I've been experimenting with my hair again so I can share how to have cute unusual going out hair with some of you. But as my first attempt, I'd just try the easy and simple looking but pretty hairdo.
As I mentioned before, I have a lot of hair and my hair is now waist length, and that's what makes me too lazy to curl my hair cause usually I'd need 2-3 hours to properly curl all my hair even though I use curling tong with the highest heat, and that would be a pain for me (and my arms). Do you have the same problem? Now, this tutorial will show you how to do it in 30 minutes or less if you have shorter hair.
This is all you need:
1. Hair clip, it can be bows or any hair clip you have/like. (I purchased mine from a baby store lol.)
2. Hair rubber band.
3. Heat protector, I use Tresemme Heat Tamer I got from Rite Aid but I'm sure you can find it in other stores like Walmart, Walgreens, Target etc
4. Hair Spray, I use Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Super Spray that I got also from Rite Aid. It's also available on drugstore.com
5. Curling Iron, but you can also use hair straightener to curl if you don't have curling iron. I use Babyliss Dial A Heat Tong. (I forgot to take the curling iron's picture but its picture is on the tutorial below)
1. Start with clean and dry or blow dry hair.
2. Section your hair like seen in the picture above, start from the hair beside your ear. Take some strands of hair more if you like and braid your hair. I left out some shorter strands near my face cause I can't really leave my cheek exposed lol it's a habit.
3. Once you're done with the first braid, wrap the braid around your head like a hair band to the right ear and secure it with hair clip. Leave it for a while and jump to the next step.
4. Section the hair behind your first braid and make another long braid. Then repeat step 2, wrapping the braid on your head.
5. Take the second braid to your right ear again. So now you have 2 braids. Take off the hair clip on the first braid and secure both braids with the hair clip.
6. Divide the hair you get below the hair clip (from the 2 leftover braids you clip) into 3 sections and make your last braid. Remember always braid with your hand up so you can wrap the braid and pull it to the other side of the head easily (as seen on the far right picture).
7. Pull the last braid up and place it behind the second braid.
8. You have 3 braids now. Take some more strands near the second braid and put them together with the third braid, and join the strands while braiding to make a longer braid like seen in the second picture. That way, the third braid won't fall apart and back to its original place (on the right ear). Then you can secure the third longer braid with hair rubber band. You can make the braid as long or as short as you like. But I prefer it halfway like seen in the picture above.
This is what we got so far. Three braids on top of your head as your head band, and a hanging braid on the left.
9. Last step. Spray the heat protector all over the rest of your hair before you start curling. Then curl the end of the braid like seen in the 3rd picture. Then section your hair, and curl the rest of your hair. Don't forget to spray the curls using hairspray so it'll last strong and longer.
Okay, that's a lot of pictures. But since my camera sucks and I wanna show you with clearer pictures, I can't decided which one were better since they're equally not so decent for me haha. Yes as you might notice, I gain a lot of weight while I'm off work. You can see my double chin clearly now haha sorry for the not so nice view. And hopefully my growing black roots didn't annoy you. I actually thought of making this tutorial later once I touch up my roots but it would be like the end of next month (since I plan to touch up before my friend's wedding) and next month I might be busy with other things so yeah this is it haha. Hope it's easy to follow. If there are any steps you don't get, don't hesitate to email me or drop me a comment I'll try to explain or provide better pictures in better angles.
For me this hairdo is definitely quicker to do, as I didn't have to spend 2-3 hours curling my whole hair anymore since I braided almost half of my side hair. I spent only 30-40 minutes doing this hair. And that's probably cause my long hair doesn't really curl easily. But I'm pretty sure you won't waste more than 30 minutes doing this hairdo :D Hope you like this tutorial and this can be helpful for some ^^