Hello again, everyone! Some of you who've been following me on instagram and facebook must have seen couple of pictures of me in daring red lips. I got some compliments saying I look different and it suits me, but the look is actually me recreating CL's #1 makeup look she did on her Maybelline New York ads. Maybelline New York released some new products with hot colors like daring red, vibrant hot pink, and bright orange. Lately I've been collecting too many pink lippies, so I guess it's time to do a look featuring red lips.
Though I look nothing like CL, I'm still amazed how different makeup style can change my look so much. I'm digging this look, though obviously it's not casual everyday look but I felt like someone new when I was taking the photos lol. Keep reading to see how I recreate CL's Daring Red makeup, along with full step by step tutorial video after the jump.
2. Apply shimmery base eyeshadow all over the eyes, including under eyes.
3. Line the lower line with brown or black eyeshadow like so.
4. Draw thick cat eye style liner like shown in the picture above. Aside from the lips, eyeliner is the main point of this makeup look.
5. Contour and highlight the nose.
6. Then contour the hollow of your cheeks, temples, hairline and then highlight the cheekbones and forehead.
7. Apply blush slightly above the contour, around the apple of your cheek.
9. I have thick full upper lip so I line and shape the lips and then fill the lips with red.
10. I use lip gloss to make my lips more glossy. And done :D
Don't I look different? :p I guess it doesn't hurt to wear different makeup occasionally. I personally like this bold lips though I know it's kinda different from CL's makeup but I tried to recreate hers haha >_< My skin wasn't in good condition and it's shown on the pictures XD
I uploaded the full makeup tutorial on my youtube channel. Please like and subscribe if you like it ^^
Vassen Kirei Brown
Dolly Wink Eyebrow Pencil #1
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin
Revlon Photoready Eyeshadow
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner
Etude House Face Conditioning Cream
Laneige Water Supreme Primer
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in buff beige
Enprani BB Covering Cushion
MAC Blotting Powder in light
Sleek Face Form in light
Physicians Formula RX Concealer in light
Etude House 101 Pencil (review coming soon!)
Lancome Lip Gloss
Just a heads up, I won't be posting as much starting from this weekend cause I'll be busy going out and slacking off during holiday. Lol jk my boyfriend is visiting and gonna go places (or watch anime all day and be hobos for weeks lol). But I will be back soon to post a group giveaway with other lovely bloggers in few days so stay tuned! But I probably will schedule some of my posts so I'll be back posting every now and then ^^
Thank you for reading, hope you like and enjoy this tutorial! ♥