Hello everyone! It's been a long while since my last makeup tutorial. I've meant to make one for the longest time and I thought I would youtube it, but apparently I don't have much time to edit and stuff so I figure I could just post a simple one on my blog.
I got some requests from a while ago to make a full gyaru makeup tutorial. I know I haven't had my full gyaru look lately, mostly because I don't have that much time when doing my makeup. This is my usual go to hime gyaru makeup with more colors. Normally I always, always, always have pink lips and brown eye makeup with more contouring. But this time, I play more with highlighters and softer lippies. Before I babble even more, let's just get into the tutorial shall we!
1. Shape and fill your eyebrows with drawing a thin eyebrow line then apply eyebrow mascara if needed.
**I know full perfect eyebrows and korean straight brows are all the rage these days but I personally love thin neat eyebrows more for myself and my gyaru look. Although, most of the time my eyebrows are automatically hidden underneath my front bangs lol
2. Apply base eyeshadows on the eyelids, which followed by applying shimmery white eye shadow on the upper lid and brow bone. Then put on pink and purple eyeshadow on the pink and purple highlighted areas, then blend them. Ps. It's much easier to achieve that shimmering eyes with my Canmake Eye Nuance. It's very shimmery and I love how especially the white one is pigmented!
3. Apply the same white eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eyes all the way on the under eye and blend it with brown eyeshadow on the outer corner.
4. Put on eyeliner. I always use brush liner for more accuracy. I don't have sharp inner eye corner so I make my own with eyeliner. It's a very important step for gyaru eye makeup too.
5. Put on your favorite upper and bottom lashes.
6. Apply highlighter on the cheekbones and put some crazy blush on from the inner part to the apple of your cheeks. Then blend them together. I also put on a bit more highlighter on top of the blushed areas to make it more subtle (with less harsh edges) and glowy.
7. Highlight and contour your nose. It's a must for gyaru makeup! I especially have to do it cause I barely have a nose lol. I also like to make it more obvious and define rather than subtle and natural, mostly thanks to my desire to recreate Sakurina's awesome nose in her older gyaru days. And besides, I like it when even under harsh lighting my nose contour still shows up in photos.
8. Put on some glossy gloss in peachy nude color. I use Canmake Candy Wrap Lip, and it's effortlessly pretty <3
Products I use for this look:
Circle Lens - Vassen Rainbow Eyes Purplish Red
Eyebrow - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe (review soon)
Eyebrow Mascara - Kanebo KATE Eyebrow Mascara in LB2
Eyeshadow - Canmake Eye Nuance #20 Pink Raspberry (review soon)
Eyeliner - IOPE Line Defining Eyeliner
Highlighter and Contour - Etude House New V Line Slim Maker
Blush and Cheek Highlight - Candy Doll Cheek Color Duo in Pink Flamingo & Missha M Prism Wave Blusher
Concealer - Klairs Natural Fit Concealer
Lips - Canmake Candy Wrap Lip #03 (review soon)
Base Makeup - Sulwhasoo CC Emulsion & Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
Powder - MAC Blot Powder
Upper eyelashes - Shobi Decorative Eyelash Play Cool #1
Lower lashes - Dolly Wink Baby Cute no 6